Thursday, April 22, 2010

Networking

I have started to learn that to be successful in business it will come from Networking. I now go to more networking luncheon's than I ever thought that I would. I have found that you may not get many deals from the actual members of these events but more importantly from people they know. I was asked once what "a good referral" means to me. I think that "a good referral" means that I have done my job by building a relationship and earning the customers trust. This is something that I think that salesman over look, they want a sale so bad they will go to any means to get it. I have not had a great number of sales so far with RJ Young, but the ones that I have had I have done this. What would it look like if all business was done by referral. I know that back in the day it was completed that way. With today's media you have to something different but if we treated each customer like they were a million dollar sale, I believe that we will increase our productivity would increase greatly.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jason
    Sadly in today’s business world the dollar and greed comes before the customer. I know this country would not be in the mess it is in if greed had not play a major role. Don’t get me off on what is wrong with this country----I could write a book.
    Have you seen the report on the Caney? The grout has killed most of the vegetation in the river making it impossible for the trout or any other fish species to survive. They shocked the river about 3 weeks ago and found that there were 80% less trout in the river than last year. Really a sad situation. I found most of this information on LRO message board----check out this link--- http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13757

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got off the phone with my buddy who has some land on the caney. He was out there this last weekend and he caught several Trout not as good as it has been but decent. He said that most fish that are close to the damm did die but futher down river it was dilluted and did not kill as much. The main issue he did say was that a large group of Carp were spawing close to his place which is not good. He has a tributary that the trout are spawing in and the carp are kinda taking that over. We have caught some native trout at his place so this could be a huge loss. Time will tell i am thinking that i might take a personal day mid next week and meet him out there and see how the fishing is let me know if you wanted to drive up and go with us?

    ReplyDelete